The hotel industry is no stranger to digital transformation. The great changes that have generated all the technological innovations in the management of the companies have supposed a re-evolution in the processes, services and in the way of relating with the clients.
In a recent study on the Tourism Sector and the Digital Transformation elaborated by ESADE and EY, it states that ” 65% of the companies consulted affirm that they have an idea of the business and a vision for the digital future, but not the strategic lines nor the road map to carry out the change “ . “Precisely in this line has been working for 3 years, ASOLAN, the Smart Hotel Program, whose main objective is to develop an improvement plan, a roadmap for each participating facility can face and prioritize, this unavoidable and necessary, digital transformation “, Said the president of ASOLAN, Susana Pérez.
“For Ricard Santomà, dean of the School of Tourism HTSI, the results of the report are worrisome, because they translate into: If only 53% of companies innovate, the other 47% may end up dying,” said Pérez, in his speech .
The CEO of the Promotion Society of Lanzarote (SPEL), Héctor Fernández, emphasized the digital transformation, an inexcusable challenge within the tourism sector, which must occupy all the agents and entities of the same. Within the scope of the promotion and design of tourism products, there are many lines of work that we must implement, such as programmatic marketing, big data management for the best knowledge of the client or the digitalization of all contents. But not only the promotional management, but also as an organization Tourism Lanzarote has to take advantage of the opportunities that digitization and innovation offer, to be more effective and give a better response to all partners, sponsors and partners that are part of the project “.
Precisely in this context, and in the interest of supporting and helping the accommodation establishments, CIDE TURISMO LANZAROTE (Asolan) held on Tuesday, September 25, the Conference “Digital Transformation in Hospitality: Technological Solutions and Public Aids”, in collaboration with AdQuiver, Noray and ThinkIN.
In charge of Sebastián Gómez, Director of Operations in Noray, ran the talk entitled “The tool for digital hotel management: the PMS”, which provided the keys to control all areas of a hotel in an efficient and integrated manner.
The “Strategies for increasing the direct sale of your hotel” was the title of the presentation offered by Alejandro Martín, ThinkIN Executive Director, while Jorge Nuñez, CEO AdQuiver, spoke on “The key to digital transformation: data” .
For its part, Arisalia Hernandez, CIDE ASOLAN technician, guided attendees with their presentation of “Innobonos 2019 and other aids to digital transformation”, on subsidies that allow companies located in the Canary Islands to undertake technological, innovative investments through different public aids, from the Canarian Agency for Research, Innovation and the Information Society (ACIISI) and the Government of the Canary Islands.
Red Cide Lanzarote
The CIDE Network is an initiative of the Ministry of Economy, Industry, Trade and Knowledge of the Government of the Canary Islands, promoted through the Canarian Agency for Research, Innovation and the Information Society (ACIISI), and co-financed by the European Development Fund Regional, with a co-financing rate of 85% within the framework of the Canary Islands ERDF Operational Program 2014-2020.
The CIDE Network is made up of 26 Innovation and Business Development Centers in the Canary Islands, and ASOLAN has been a member of the Network for 10 years, providing information, advice and support services to the Island Tourism Sector as CIDE TURISMO in Lanzarote.