Thanks to LANCELOT DIGITAL
No, you will not have to wear a mask at all times on the beaches
Health changes its mind and announces now that they will only be mandatory during walks in which there is no safety distance and the use of changing rooms, among other exceptions
Finally, and after the controversial announcement made by Health last week, it will not be mandatory to wear the mask at all times on the beaches and swimming pools. In fact, what is proposed now is the use of the mandatory mask on the beaches when walking or in situations where there is no safety distance, while it is excluded during bathing, sports or during periods of leisure. rest in a fixed place , both in the sea and in swimming pools and other aquatic spaces.
These are some of the proposals included in the draft of the document that the Ministry of Health is going to transfer this afternoon to the autonomous communities, to which Efe has had access, to “modulate” the mandatory use of masks contemplated by the new normal law even when the safety distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained.
Specifically, it is intended to agree on the regulation of article 6.2, which establishes that the use of a mask will not be required in the case of individual sport exercise and allows the use of a mask to be exempted when, due to the very nature of the activities, such use is incompatible, in accordance with the indications of the health authorities.
Thus, Health will propose to the Plenary of the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System this afternoon, that the activities that involve intense physical effort, of a non-sports nature, in the open air and individually, are equated to the exercise of individual sport.
The proposal declares activities incompatible with the use of the mask:
– Bathing in the sea, lakes or reservoirs, rivers or other natural aquatic spaces or in outdoor or covered swimming pools.
– The practice of sport in the aquatic environment, be it natural or artificial.
– Rest periods before or after bathing or practicing sports in the aquatic environment, in its surroundings. In the case of beaches or similar environments, it can only be extended while it is at a certain point and respecting the minimum distance of 1.5 meters with other people who are not living together or assimilated. In pools, only between activity intervals.
– First aid or rescue activities when they require access to the aquatic environment.
– The periods strictly necessary to eat or drink, in places where it is authorized.
Instead, it proposes the mandatory use of the mask:
– The walk through the accesses to beaches, lakes and other natural environments.
– The walk to the seashore and other aquatic environments.
– The use of changing rooms in public or community pools, except in showers.
– Staying outside or inside hospitality establishments outside of the periods necessary to eat or drink.