The Ayuntamiento de Teguise has organised a number of activities to celebrate World Tourism Day on the 27th September.
The events are as follows: -
• 24/09/12. Photo Contest, "Costa Teguise and Tourism". More information and contest rules at: www.teguise.es
• 26/06/12 at 1800 hrs. Awards ceremony and photo exhibition in the Pueblo Marinero, Costa Teguise.
• 26/09/12 at 2030 hrs. Summer Cinema, Broken Embraces, in the amphitheater of the Cucharas beach. (Spanish with English subtitles).
• 28/09/12 at 1700 hrs. Kids activities. Parking Aptos. Nazaret. Costa Teguise.
• 28/09/12 at 2030 hrs. Presentation book "La Graciosa" at the Convent of Santo Domingo in the Villa de Teguise.
The Niños del Tercer Mundo have planned another Sunset Cruise and they would love you to join they, it is in aid of the new school and clinic that we are building in Kenya.
The date is Saturday September 22nd and the boat leaves from Puerto Calero at 6pm and comes back at 8pm the ticket price is 20€ and that will include wine, beer, soft drinks and nibbles.
The boat is a different boat from last year and takes 150 people so we have decided to share the trip with another charity, it is a local charity called Calor y café, this is another very deserving charity which helps the homeless on Lanzarote, Kevin and Claudine Roper are major fundraisers for this charity and have also always helped the Niños del Tercer Mundo too.
Tickets are available through the following outlets
A second Gilbert and Sullivan Festival is planned for Lanzarote between November 9th-20th.
This follows a successful “debut” on the island last year. Artistic Director Ian Smith is excited at the broader programme which will be presented in the Municipal Theatre in San Bartolome with two “sing-a-long” events scheduled for La Casa de la Cultura in Yaiza.
“We were very encouraged at the reception we received in 2012 and this year we are widening the programme to include an Old Time Music Hall which will include contributions from ex-pats and islanders; we have a full production of the wonderful Lehar operetta “The Merry Widow” and an afternoon in the company of Flanders of Swann,” he said.
Tel: 0034 689 770 423
Rent a Bike or Motorcycle
Chopper or Scooter
Avenida del Mar
Tel: 0034 689 770 423
We aim to cater for everyone’s individual requirements whilst maintaining a professional, user friendly service.
Tel: 0034 636 582 076
Discount offered to holders of Lanzarote Explorer Cards