Residency:  If you have not already done so and you wish to apply for residencia then do so now, most likely your appointment will be for after 29th March but this will not matter, if you have been a resident for 5 years then you should apply for residencia  “permanente”. If your green A4 paper or card says “permanente” then there is no need to change it.

Healthcare: If you are a resident then insure you are registered at your local cento de salud do not rely on your EHIC card. It was advised that visitors should also have private healthcare cover as well as their EHIC card. For residents traveling outside of Spain it was advised that you should also have private health care as well as your European health card.

Pensions: Deal or No Deal UK pensions will still be paid in Spain (up rating of pensions will depend on the Deal or No Deal) Remember when you apply for your pension you should include all the countries you have worked in and these can be taken into account.

Driving Licences: It is advised that all residents should (if they have not already done so) apply to change to a Spanish licence.

Travel:  Check your passport expiry date, you will need at least 6 months validity when traveling, it is advised that residents take residencia documents with them when traveling for re-entry into Spain.

We shall have a lot more information to share and will of course keep you regularly updated.

Further information on the Living in Spain Guide about how to register as a resident, and details of upcoming outreach events. These pages are regularly updated and UK nationals can sign up for email alerts for the Living in Spain guide to ensure they informed of the very latest information as soon as it becomes available.