Thanks to Brits in Spain for regular updates –

Anyone who has not yet exchanged their licence should start the process now
– Due to special measures ( introduced for UK licence holders, you cannot request an appointment through the general appointment system at the moment. Instead, you need to register your details with the DGT either: online (in which case you’ll need a ‘firma digital’), by telephone (calling 060), or in person
– If you go to a DGT office in person, you’ll need to present a completed form ( with your details
– Once you’ve registered your details, you won’t need to take any further action until 11 November. After that you should request an appointment with the DGT to complete the exchange
– If you have a Spanish driving licence you will be able to use this to drive in the UK, deal or no deal. You will not require an international driving permit (IDP) to do so.

Any drivers who have Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) – needed to drive lorries, buses or coaches professionally – should check where their CPC was issued. If there’s no deal, a UK-issued CPC will not be recognised for the purpose of employment in the EU. Swap your UK-issued CPC for an EU one before the UK leaves the EU.