We’ve had an influx of new members, following the first meeting on the 17th July 2012 for the Lanzarote Property Owners (LPO) project. Our aim is to unite concerned property owners who are worried about the holiday rental laws in Lanzarote.
If you weren’t able to attend our first meeting, in summary Daniel Trigg, the founder of the Lanzarote Business Association (LBA) has initiated a new project called the Lanzarote Property Owners. The LPO project is an independent commission which is being driven by Kevin Roper and assisted by Nick Brumby, John Sheriston and Ian Fox who are all experienced, Lanzarote based businessmen connected with the island’s property market.
Since the commission started, representatives from the LBA and LPO have already spent many hours attending various meetings, not just here in Lanzarote but over in Gran Canaria too. In summary they include:
* Presentation of the General Plan for Lanzarote at the Cabildo and two subsequent meetings.
* Gesplan are a public company who have designed and implemented the modernisation plans for Puerto del Carmen & Costa Teguise. They are currently working on Arrecife & Playa Blanca. We attended a very positive meeting with them at their central offices based in Las Palmas.
* Meetings with the Mayor and councillors of Tías
* Meeting with Rita Hernández who was born in Lanzarote and is the Director General of Tourism Management & Promotion and has responsibility for:
– Tourism Management
– Tourism Action
– Inspections & Penalties
– Tourism Training
– Promotion & Development of Tourism
– Tourism Quality
It’s important that we continue to increase our members so we have a united voice that will be heard by the local councils, island and regional authorities.
To join us, please download the Lanzarote Property Owners Membership Form attached below and email a scanned completed copy to email@example.com, for any questions you can contact Rita on 638 240 224.
|LPO Member Form PRINTABLE.doc||42.5 KB|