The Cabildo de Lanzarote closely follows the situation caused by the closure of British tour operator Thomas Cook . Earlier this Monday, the president of the Cabildo, María Dolores Corujo, met with the Minister of Tourism and president of the Tourist Board of Lanzarote, Ángel Vázquez, as well as with Héctor Fernández, CEO of the Society for Foreign Promotion of Lanzarote (SPEL).
It is expected that this same afternoon, in the meeting of the Canary Islands Federation (FECAi) this same issue will be addressed , with the presence of the President of the Canary Islands, Ángel Víctor Torres who, in turn, works in coordination with the Minister of Promotion, José Luis Ábalos.
The Cabildo, through SPEL, remains attentive to any possible incident arising from the ongoing repatriation of tourists affected by the closure of the British operator.
Similarly, as reported by the Cabildo, on Thursday Maria Dolores Corujo will meet with representatives of all sectors susceptible to alterations due to the sudden disappearance of Thomas Cook.
“First of all I want to send a message of tranquility, both to the affected tourists and to the workers,” said the president. “the Cabildo will collaborate with all sectors and institutions not only to assess the situation, but to find solutions that take everyone into account, whether they are workers or tourists.”
For his part, the Minister of Tourism and president of SPEL, Ángel Vázquez, said: “We are gathering all the data to be able to address this situation rigorously; data that we will make public once they are confirmed and contrasted with all the seriousness that deserves a management of this kind, “he concluded.